Positive Parenting Skills Based on the Qur’an and Sunnah
|Target Audience||Parents, newly married couples, teachers, educators, care givers, etc.|
|Maximum Attendance||We would like as many community members to benefit from the material provided in the workshop. However, a maximum of 300 attendees would be the acceptable limit insha’a Allah|
|Format||Two lectures and two interactive sessions (case studies)|
|Speakers/Facilitators||Dr. Mohamed Rida Beshir and Dr. Ekram Beshir**|
|Cost||Free! The hosting community is only expected to reimburse the speakers’ travel expenses (air tickets and taxis) and accommodate them in a modest hotel|
**During some parts of the year, only Dr. Mohamed Rida Beshir is available to travel to deliver a workshop
Basic principles of parenting from Qur’an and Sunnah
- Covers parents’ duty, understanding children, their needs, their qualities and the key factors affecting the formation of their personalities
- Over 15 principles from the Quran and Sunnah on the way we should deal with our children/teens supported by practical examples
Expected time: 2 Hours
Self Search for better parenting
- Covers approval stages for children, examples of positive and negative parental behaviours, how to help teens resist the North American Popular Teen culture and peer pressure.
- We discuss your vision for your teen and the qualities needed to fulfill it. A questionnaire will be given to parents to help them through the self search process to discover the sources of their own negative parental behaviour.
Expected time: 2 Hours
Attendees are divided into groups and every group is given a case to study, analyze, and answer related questions using the knowledge gained in the first two sessions.
Expected time: 45 minutes
Presentations by group representatives and comments from both speakers as well as other participants
Expected time: 60-75 minutes
- An electronic multimedia projector to project on the screen from the speaker’s laptop is a must for the workshop.
- A classroom setting is recommended, with sisters on one side of the hall and brothers in the other side. A Mosque prayer hall is not suitable for this function. Seats are a must, and tables are preferred. Light control is required to ensure better viewing.
- For the full benefit, both parents are advised to attend the whole program; as such a baby-sitting program is very much recommended. It should include activities such as coloring, games, story telling, a light meal, etc.
- The time allocated for presentations & workshops can not be shortened.
- The two presentations complement each other, thus both parents should attend both presentations.