Let’s face it, marriage is hard work! And anyone who tells you otherwise, either isn’t married or is wearing a big pair of rose-colored glasses. But as with anything in life, there is a rhyme and a reason to building a successful marriage. The Keys to a Successful Marriage workshop is an invaluable workshop that has helped newlyweds and seasoned couples alike navigate their marital woes. Offered in one-day or two day formats to suit the needs of every community, this comprehensive and interactive workshop covers important concepts such as the proper spousal selection process, common mistakes made in the spousal selection process, the objectives of marriage, spousal obligations, and the Quranic rules of effective communication and conflict resolution.
Pointers on how to nurture Allah’s gift of Mawadah and Rahmah in your marriage, and reflections on the importance of the first two years of marriage, also known as the sweet, critical two, are highlighted and explained.
The audience will also get a chance to partake, and share their valuable input during the case studies session. In this session, attendees are divided into groups and every group is given a case to study, analyze and answer questions about using the knowledge gained from the previous sessions. The results are then presented to the group, with commentary from the speakers.
So whether you are a young person contemplating marriage, a newlywed couple or a couple that has been married for decades, this workshop can help you take your marriage from bad to good or from good to better. As the saying goes, a good marriage is not just about marrying the right person, it is also about being the right person.
Here are a few testimonials from attendees of this workshop:
- This is a great workshop. I learned a lot. A wonderful and outstanding speaker. These type of events should be held at least 4 times a year. An attendees from Kansas City in 2009
- I felt very good after this workshop. I’m truly grateful to Allah SWT for sending you both to us. This should be mandatory for married couples JAK. Attendee from Sydney Australia , 2013
- Excellent, this should be mandatory for married couples. This couple, really know what they are talking about. They are role models for us. All husbands and wives should work as a team like them. Major Institutions like ISNA, ICNA, MAS should make this kind of information available in their conventions’ main sessions. Attendee from Albany, NY, 2007
- It was very joyful experience. I learned so much more than I ever expected. An amazing and thought provoking workshop. Attendee from Toronto, Canada 2010
- This is a fabulous workshop that really gets to the essence of what makes marriages work. By referring to the way of Prophet Muhammad, may peace be upon him, as well as to the Qur’an, the presenters have systematically addressed contemporary topics that affect both the married and singles out there. Attendee from Ottawa, Canada 2008
- This workshop offers excellent advice to keep marriages alive and well. An attendee from Ottawa Canada 2008
- Drs. Ekram and M. Rida Beshir the presenters of the marriage workshop need to be commended for conducting a first class workshop on marriage-an institution that was once revered. The workshop offers many practical ideas on how to ensure that the marriage is indeed a blissful one. An attendees from South Africa, 2015
- It is truly a blissful workshop. It does an excellent job of providing a comprehensive look at marriage in Islam. The presenters should be commended for using a multitude of approaches to cover the subject. The workshop offers many useful practical advices that will help any one jump start their marriage, or insure that a future marriage will last.An attendees from Santa Clara, CA 2006
- I would highly recommend this workshop to people of all ages, either young or mature adults contemplating marriage or married couples sincerely trying to make their marriage a blissful experience! An attendee from Chicago, IL 2005
- Masha’ Allah. An excellent and effective seminar with many references to Qur’an and Sunnah. Both speakers are very knowledgeable. Dr. Mohamed Rida does an excellent job of engaging audience. He is fun to listen to. Now I know that our Islam is so beautiful. An attendee from Boulder, CO 2012
- I learnt a lot. I enjoyed every minute of it. Great workshop and hope to be repeated always. Please come again. We need these workshops more often. An attendee from Boulder, CO 2012
- Now I have a great and more balanced view about Marriage in Islam. This workshop for sure will make me change to be a better husband. Jazakum Allah Khayrun for helping us to understand our deen. Myself and my wife will make du’a for you every day insha’a Allah. An attendee from Manchester England 2013
For a more detailed outline of this workshop in either the one-day format or the two-day format, including a schedule with the expected time duration of each session, as well as the points covered in each session, please feel free to contact us.